Table of Contents
If you need similar excel homework help, register & post your assignment to get instant help from our Excel experts!
Assignment Type: Excel Homework / Excel Assignment
Assignment Category: Algebra Assignment Help
Platform: Microsoft Excel
University: California Polytechnic State University
Assignment Size: 1-2 hours
Attached File for Excel Homework;
Part 1. Highlight the answers in Sheet 1. (18 Points in Total)
Multiple Choice and True-False Questions – 2 Points for each question (answer in Sheet in Excel, if need be to justify use space here)
1- True or False: Machine Epsilon is always less than Overflow.
2- If I am entering a formula in cell C4, which of the following cell references can be interpreted as “the cell in the same column as the current cell, but always on row 4”?
3. True or False: The following system of equations has infinite solution(s).
x + y = 0
ATB matrix size is ______________.
e. none of the above
If C=ATB, What is the value of C21 (components in the second row and the first column)______________.
e. none of the above
|6. You are using a worksheet to help calculate your monthly mortgage payment. The purchase price is in cell B2, the down payment is in cell B3, the annual interest rate is in cell B4, and the number of years on the mortgage is in cell B5. Which of those cells should be divided by 12 in the PMT function? (Note, another cell will be multiplied by 12.)|
|7. You want to know what the value of your retirement fund will be when you retire if you contribute regularly to your 401(k). The feature that will help you calculate this is:|
a. the present value (PV) function.
b. the future value (FV) function.
c. the payment (PMT) function.
d. the interest (INT) function.
|8. Which of the following functions does not ignore text entries?|
c. MAX and MIN
|9. Cells A1 and A2 contain 5 and 7 respectively and cell A3 is empty. What value will be returned by the function =IF(A1>A2, COUNTA(A1:A3), AVERAGE(A1:A3))?|
d. an error message
Problem 1 (base conversion) – 15 Points
Convert the base 10 number 23 to base 2:
Convert the base 2 number 0100 1001 to base 10:
Problem 2 (void ratio – VBA function) – 35 Points – (worksheet 1)
A formula used in Geotechnical Engineering to estimate the void ratio – a measure of the compaction level of soil is
void ratio (dimensionless)
absolute specific gravity of the solid material (dimensionless)
soil material unit weight
water (or moisture) content of soil (%)
- Write a function in Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) to calculate the value of given the values of all four variables in the right hand side of the equation. The VBA function should produce a single value () as output. Make sure to make a screen capture of the VBA function code and add it to your Excel Sheet to get credit.
- Create a beautiful table in your worksheet containing the names of the input parameters, their values in named cells, their units and the result for by utilizing your code (i.e. label all inputs and outputs appropriately). To check that the value of meets compaction standards, use a message box beneath the table and write a message “Meets Compaction Standards” if the value of is less than 0.8. If not, write “Does Not Meet Compaction Standards”.
Test your function using the following values:
c) Use the function created in part (a) to perform a sensitivity analysis by changing the value of water content of the soil from 5% to 30%. For this part of the problem, create a table in Excel with values of water content and then call your function to calculate the void ratio. Plot the results in Excel and label the axes accordingly.
Problem 3 (Truss) – 10 Points – (worksheet 3)
In a statically determinate truss with pin joints, the tension Fi in each member can be obtained from the matrix equation presented in you excel file (the equations result from setting the sum of all forces acting horizontally or vertically at each pin equal to zero).
Solve for the force vector U where K U =F.
Problem 4 (flowchart) – 22 Points
Develop a pseudo-code (draw a flowchart) for the problem below:
The program takes a vector a and a number b, and counts how many number b exists in the vector. Therefore, there are two input entries, and one output entries.
For example, the vector a=[ 1 2 4 2.1 4 3.5 6 1.5 4], and the number b is 4. The output for this example is 3.
Possibly, you can have a third input entry as the size of the vector.
Please note that you need to develop the pseudo-code for a general case, any vector and any number.
Legal Note for Excel Assignment
The assignment file and details given on this page is just an example file for Excel Homework. If any individual/institution believe publication of this assignment is offensive; please contact with us using Contact Form and we will get back to you in shortest possible notice.
MADDE 5 (Article number: 5)–
(1) Yer sağlayıcı, yer sağladığı içeriği kontrol etmek veya hukuka aykırı bir faaliyetin söz konusu olup olmadığını araştırmakla yükümlü değildir.
(1) The site provider is not obliged to check the content it provides or to investigate whether there is an illegal activity. (Translated by Google Translate)
(2) Yer sağlayıcı, yer sağladığı hukuka aykırı içerikten, ceza sorumluluğu ile ilgili hükümler saklı kalmak kaydıyla, bu Kanunun 8 inci ve 9 uncu maddelerine göre haberdar edilmesi halinde ve teknik olarak imkân bulunduğu ölçüde hukuka aykırı içeriği yayından kaldırmakla yükümlüdür.
(2) The site provider is obliged to remove the illegal content from the publication; if it is informed in accordance with the 8th and 9th articles of this Law. And to the extent technically possible, provided that the provisions regarding the criminal liability are reserved for the illegal content it provides. (Translated by Google Translate)
Pure assignment offers the Site and Site Services for clients to be able to share any freelance job to let them find the help from the right expert they need with their business or assignments; papers and projects; either for business purpose or educational purpose. Pure assignment aims to get clients and freelancers together to be able to help them each other. In this case, Pure assignment works as a service provider as mentioned in law (law number 5651).